EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing welcomes submissions to the thematic series on “Computational Intelligence Paradigms for Ubiquitous Medical Imaging Systems”
The advancement of new technologies (smartphones/tablets/Internet) made digital images and videos the primary source of visual information in nowadays society and attracted much research attention. Classical image processing techniques are limited abilities in handling noise and distortions. To address this research issue, computational intelligence (CI) paradigms (tools/systems/solutions/algorithms) have shown to be capable for extracting complex statistical features, learning image representations, allowing it to generalize a wide variety of image processing, including image classification, pattern recognition and so on. An innovative fusion of CI paradigms in image processing is very likely to have a key benefit to the medical field, which will enrich to a better understanding of complex images. Hence, the main objective of this special issue has focused on ubiquitous medical imaging systems including local medical image storage, real time image data processing via embedded CI paradigms. In this special issue we seek the submissions to provide state of the art of CI paradigms for real time ubiquitous smarter healthcare medical imaging systems. The integration of ubiquitous systems and CI paradigms devotes for an e-health applications to enable optimization of real time medical image assessment for accurate, authentic, and more productive efficient environment.
We cordially invite investigators to contribute their original research articles, with an emphasis on real-life medical imaging applications, as well as review articles that will stimulate further activities in this area and improve our understanding of the key scientific problems.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Applications of CI paradigms to medical image processing (automatic feature extraction and construction in complex images, edge and object detection and classification etc)
- CI paradigms for medical image feature selection/construction and dimensionality reduction
- Computational complexity reduction, software optimization for medical imaging systems
- Nature-Inspired smart hybrid systems for innovative healthcare medical imaging systems, services and applications
- Biologically inspired framework for applications for bio-medical images
- Hybrid machine learning and Artificial Intelligence approaches for medical imaging for smarter health care systems
- Healthcare prototype for bio-medical image based Intelligent Pervasive Healthcare Systems
- Hybrid learning and ubiquitous computing approaches for medical imaging
- Knowledge acquisition and learning in semantic interpretation of medical images structures
- Deep learning, pattern recognition and machine vision for medical image processing
- Image sensors for machine vision system enabling technologies and applications
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct special issue please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the special issue on 'Computational Intelligence Paradigms for Ubiquitous Medical Imaging Systems'. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 1st August 2019
Lead Guest Editor
Dr. Arun Kumar Sangaiah, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore, India
Dr. Patrick Siarry, Université Paris-Est Créteil, France
Dr. Xiaohui Yuan, University of North Texas, USA
Dr. Wanqing Wu, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology (SIAT), Shenzhen, China
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact email@example.com
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing - including articles published in this special issue!