Special Issue on Real-time Image and Video Processing in Embedded Systems for Smart Surveillance Applications
EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing welcomes submissions to the special issue on Real-time Image and Video Processing in Embedded Systems for Smart Surveillance Applications.
This special issue will gather researchers from academia and industry to demonstrate the latest research and approaches regarding various aspects of real-time image and video processing for smart surveillance applications in the era of Big Data and the Internet of Things (IoTs). We invite researchers to contribute original research articles that stimulate the continuing efforts to understand real-time image and video processing algorithms, data structures, optimization trade-offs, architectures and applications that enable real-time smart surveillance applications.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Memory hierarchy design for real-time image and video processing in embedded systems
- Design of context-aware sensing algorithms for smart surveillance in embedded systems
- Architectural designs for implementation of real-time image and video processing in smart surveillance applications
- Application specific architectures for efficient image and video processing in smart surveillance applications
- Real-time image and video watermarking for secure surveillance data using embedded processing
- Real-time event recognition in surveillance videos
- Real-time indoor and outdoor video surveillance using embedded systems
- Real-time data prioritization for smart surveillance applications
- Real-time aspects in frameworks for utilizing embedded systems to efficiently process and manage surveillance big-data
- Real-time image and video hashing techniques for authentication and forgery detection in smart surveillance applications
- Real-time measurement and modeling to enable dynamic feedback loops to optimize machine learning models
- Real-time applicaiton of deep-learning models for scene analysis and understanding for applications such as real-time robot routing
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct speical issue please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the special issue on Real-time Image and Video Processing in Embedded Systems for Smart Surveillance Applications. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 31 July 2018
Lead Guest Editor
Seungmin Rho, Department of Media Software, Sungkyul University, Anyang, Republic of Korea
Alexander J. Aved, the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Rome, NY, USA
Yu Chen, Electrical and Computer Engineering, State University of New York State University, Binghamton, USA
Guillermo Botella, Complutense University of Madrid, Department of Computer Architecture and Automation, Fac. Computer Science, Spain
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact email@example.com.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing - including articles published in this special issue!