Special Issue on Image and Video Forensics for Social Media analysis
EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing welcomes submissions to the special issue on Image and Video Forensics for Social Media analysis.
The aim of this special issue is to gather image forensics works oriented to deal with data related to social media. Making an assessment on an image/video downloaded from a social network or shared through an instant messaging app, which has been processed in a peculiar and, at the same time, unknown manner could be quite complex. Many of the assumptions commonly made in ideal or specific application contexts do not necessarily hold in such scenarios that represent nowadays the common way of communication. High-quality original research papers are solicited as well as review papers that mainly address these issues and advance the development in image and video forensics.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Social-network images and videos forgery detection
- Social-network multimedia source identification
- Multimedia processing history reconstruction
- Images/videos vs social network origin
- Counter forensics in social network scenario
- Image and video analysis in instant messaging application
- Smartphone source identification
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct special issue please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the special issue on Image and Video Forensics for Social Media analysis. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 31 July 2017
Lead Guest Editor
Roberto Caldelli, CNIT - University of Florence, Italy
Chang-Tsun Li, Charles Sturt University, Australia
Xiangui Kang, Sun Yat-Sen University Guangzhou, China
Irene Amerini, University of Florence, Italy
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.
For editorial enquiries please contact email@example.com
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing - including articles published in this special issue!
2016 Journal Metrics
50 days from submission to first decision
16 days from acceptance to publication
913.0 Usage Factor
Social Media Impact
Funding your APC
- ISSN: 1687-5281
EURASIP Best paper awards 2017
We are pleased to announce that the following paper published in EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing has been awarded a EURASIP best paper award!
CU splitting early termination based on weighted SVM
Xiaolin Shen and Lu Yu
The award ceremony will take place at EUSIPCO 2017 in Greece. For more information see the EURASIP newsletter.